Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Touristy day

Today was the day that we looked and acted like tourists. We had an all day trip around some towns nearish to Auckland in a cool charter bus with people from Australia, England, India and such...

First we went to the Waitomo glow worm caves that were featured on Planet Earth. It was pretty neat, the glow worms look like what the night sky would look like if it had about 5 times more stars.

Next, we went to the AGRODOME! haha, I thought of GUTS! and agrocrag...there were sheep and other animals there which was cool.

Then, we went on over to Rotorua and saw some Maori people perform for us. There were annoying people there talking during their performance which kinda pissed me off.

After Rotorua, we went back to Auckland a different way and we drove through Matamata!!! As soon as the driver told us we were going here, I got excited because the nerd that I am knew that was where they filmed some of Lord of the Rings...it was pretty cool.

All around a pretty tiring day, hopefully we won't do such touristy things tomorrow, but I'm glad I got to see and do these cool things today.

No comments: