Monday, January 28, 2008

Auckland

We finally made it to Auckland!!! After a super fun 13 hour flight that involved watching lots of episodes of Flight of the Conchords and Super Bad, we made it to New Zealand around 8 am on Tuesday.

When we finally got to our hotel (around 9:30 am), we couldn't check in so we just wandered around Auckland. Turns out our hotel is right next to the Sky Tower, the tallest building in the southern hemisphere, so we checked that out...it was pretty tight.

After that we went to this park that we saw from the Sky Tower and walked around and laid down in the grass. It was very pretty and nice.

The weather is really good too. After resting in the grassy knoll, we went back to the hotel to see if we could check in and we could! Our room is nice and the shower I had was amaaaaazing. I don't know what we're doing later, but right now it's 1 pm and we're just resting. Stupid Melbourne lady still hasn't emailed me my confirmation of enrollment so I still can't apply for a student visa...UGH. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait!

...pictures to come later, I'm too lazy to do them now...

1 comment:

Tim said...

Glad you made it. Have lots of fun.