Monday, February 18, 2008

First days in Melbourne

So now that I'm about to start school and my adventures are ending, my blog posts will get more and more spread out.

Since my last post, I basically haven't had internet. I did the Melbourne Welcome program, which was very fun. There were about 100 people staying at the residential college I was at. We got to go to the beach and I learned how to surf! I actually stood up 4 or 5 times too and rode the waves almost all the way to the beach. We also went to a zoo and we went to the Immigration Museum. They had a lot of parties and trivia nights planned for us too, so i didn't get much sleep for about 4 days :(

The dorm I stayed at looked like it would fit in Harry Potter world which was very cool! I'm kind of glad I'm not staying in the residential colleges though because the rooms were very small and I wasn't their biggest fan.




















So that program ended today and I'm all moved in to my actual apartment called UniLodge. It's very near campus and near Lygon street which has a bunch of pubs and restaurants and shopping on it. So I've just been walking around and shopping and getting settled in today. I also took an hour and a half nap in my room which was nice. That's about it...I have some study abroad briefings the next few days and then Orientation week starts next week. hopefully I'll get my classes figured out.















3 comments:

Kay said...

Finally, pictures, hooray!

Azinaus said...

Nevis=awesome!
Waitomo=the coolest!

Your room looks nice, I wish I had a sink in my room. sigh. Enjoy your time in crazy aussie land because coming back to America is the saddest thing ever.

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa, Its been a while since I check your post. Pictures are great. Sounds like you are having a good time. Since its been almost a month since your last post, you must either be studying too hard or partying too hard, or maybe both. Take care

Tim