Saturday, February 2, 2008

Adventure town

So today was definitely an adventuresome day...

It started out not uber early like a lot of the other days, which was great. When we got to the little adventure shop to check in for our jet boat thing, I booked myself a spot on the Nevis bungy jump. 134 m. eek! But that will be later....

First, we went on the shotover jet ride. That was REALLY fun! I really thought our driver was going to crash into one of the rocks and when he did the 360 degree turns I almost flew out of my seat! Fun times...

After that, we went back into town and got lunch at a cute pizza place...then it was off to the Nevis bungy!

It was about a 40 minute drive up the mountain. I didn't really feel scared driving up there, just excited. I started getting more and more scared as we got closer to the actual jump spot. And by the time it was my turn, I was almost shaking! My heart was beating to the loud music in the pod that was suspended in mid-air. Jumping was amazing and I would do it a million times again! 134 meters is nothin. We didn't buy any pictures or movies of me because my mom (who was too scared to jump) took some of me going. I got a free t-shirt though!!

So tomorrow we're going absailing maybe and on a Lord of the Rings tour which I'm really looking forward to!

So far, Queenstown gets an A+++++!!!!! :D

1 comment:

Tim said...

Melissa, you are amazing. Your mother posted the video clip, and it is great. I am glad you are having so much fun, and your adventure is just starting. You should have a great time over the next few months. This is an experience of a lifetime.